CODE OF CONDUCT
For all students, parents and guardians in the AK Academy of Dancing, expectations in respect of pupils admitted to the dance school.
The aim of the AK Academy of Dancing is to ensure that all students experience dance in a fun, friendly, positive and safe environment. In order to maintain our high standards at our school, the school rules must be adhered to, therefore please take note of the following guidelines.
Rules and Regulations
- Dance training requires strict self-discipline and concentration, so spectators are not permitted during class. However, we do hold annual stage medal tests and workshops, where family and friends are welcome to come along and watch.
- Punctuality – It is vital that students arrive in good time. Those arriving late for class may miss important information and impede the learning of others.
- Attendance – Regular attendance of students is very important. If students do not attend on a regular basis, then the development of the class and the individual student will be effected. Student’s attendance will be monitored as they prepare for their examinations and assessments, and those who fail to attend classes and additional lessons may be withdrawn.
- Discipline – Pupils are expected to behave in an orderly, civilised and well-mannered way and to show respect to their teachers, assistants and other students when attending the Academy. Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated at any time at the Academy.
- Uniform – It is extremely important that students arrive dressed in the correct uniform for the genre they are learning in order to work safely and present a neat and elegant appearance. New pupils are expected to have full uniform after three weeks of attending the Academy. No jewellery is to be worn during any lesson.
- It is not the responsibility of the Academy if valuable items are lost or stolen as these should not be brought to class.
- If a student hurts themselves in class or feels unwell, they should tell a member of staff immediately.
A TERMS AND CONDITIONS, GDPR AND REGISTRATION FORM MUST BE SIGNED IN ORDER TO JOIN THE ACADEMY.